Last updated: July 8, 2019
Squarespace respects intellectual property rights and expects its users to do the same. Squarespace responds expeditiously to claims of trademark infringement committed using the Services. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate any account for actual or apparent trademark infringement. Note that any capitalized terms not defined in this Trademark Policy have the meanings set forth in our Terms of Service.
Submitting A Notice Of Infringement. To submit a notice of claimed trademark infringement, you will need to provide us with the following information:
1. Identification of the trademark claimed to have been infringed. Please provide a description of the trademark, the country/countries the trademark is registered in, the trademark registration number(s), the category/categories of the trademark, and a link to (or screenshot of) the trademark registration;
2. Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Squarespace to locate the material on the Services;
3. Your contact information, including name, address, telephone number and email address;
4. The following statements:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the trademark material is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law.”
“I hereby state that the information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the trademark or of an exclusive right under the trademark that is allegedly infringed.”
“I understand and agree that a copy of this notice may be forwarded to the user who posted the allegedly infringing content.”; and
5. A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will suffice) of the trademark owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Deliver this notice, with all items completed, to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may mail the notice to:
Attention: Trademark Agent
225 Varick Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10014
Squarespace’s response to notices of alleged trademark infringement may include the removal or restriction of access to allegedly infringing material.
We may modify this Trademark Policy from time to time, and will post the most current version on our site.